08 January 2006

The Last Seduction

I remember distinctly that there was buzz around this film when it first came out. I even remember, not too awfully long ago, someone referencing this dark thriller-esque indie film, and me wondering why the heck I had never seen it. I was in the mood for something about someone who was sexy and kind of powerful. Linda Fiorentino, in what was, as I recall, her sort of "breakthrough" role as Bridget/Wendy, fit the bill fairly well, although the film wasn't anywhere near as raunchy or edgy as I'd hoped, which is perhaps due in part to the ten plus years lag in my seeing it since its release. Bill Pullman was creepy/annoying as her screwed over husband, and plots like this one, where someone is continually scheming and accomplishing misdeeds like murder and extortion and such, makes me wonder "are there really people like this in the world?" I suppose, yes, there are. I liked that I never got too far ahead of the plot myself, but I wished I was more sucked in and awed by what I saw. I really liked, but not loved, The Last Seduction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home